Save on admission to the top San Francisco attractions
San Francisco CityPASS attractions are reopening!
View the latest attraction schedule updates and visitor safety measures.
Advance reservations are required at some attractions; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide to learn more.
If you'd like to be notified when the majority of attractions have reopened, please sign up here.
- Dive into Steinhart Aquarium, one of the most biodiverse and interactive aquariums in the world, home to nearly 40,000 live animals.
- Listen to a symphony of croaking frogs and chirping birds in the lush, living 4-story rainforest.
- Experience the cosmos like never before on Morrison Planetarium’s 75-foot dome that seems to disappear when lit, creating a true-to-life recreation of luminous, faraway space and skies.
- Explore the wildest animal courtship and mating strategies in Animal Attraction.
- Trace the milestones of our species’ fascinating history by studying skull casts, interactive maps, and more in Human Odyssey.
CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Golden Gate Park
55 Music Concourse Dr.
San Francisco, CA 94118
Open 365 days a year. Holiday hours may apply on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas Day; please check website before visiting.
Academy and Aquarium Behind-the-Scenes Tours: Purchase on day of visit, or book online. Cost for CityPASS holders: Ages 8+, 24.95 (subject to availability).
Night Life: Every Thursday night, music, creatures and cocktails come together for NightLife at the California Academy of Sciences. Each week features a live band or DJ, and a unique theme – from salsa dancing to sustainable seafood and beyond. For ages 21+. Cost: $15.
Discount: Get 15% off at the Academy Store; see booklet or CityPASS Travel Guide for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Upon arrival, stop first at the Planetarium entrance kiosk to secure a show time.
- The free Academy Insider iPhone App is a great way to enhance and plan for your visit; details and download.
- Dining: Academy Café, The Terrace
- Gift Shops: Academy Store, Lab Jr.
Best time to visit: Weekdays are less crowded than weekends.
Accessibility: Wheelchairs and assistive listening devices upon request. Audio tours available for blind or partially sighted visitors. Service animals allowed.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Email email@example.com.